We’ve all seen Horticulous Slimux, the latest bad boy of Nurgle for Age of Sigmar, right? No? Where the hell have you been? Gee-dub released the Blightwar a little while back. It’s a rather awesome new two player starter set for Warhammer Age of Sigmar. In the box, Papa Nurgle gets new reinforcements in the form of Horticulous Slimux but who exactly is this new chap of Nurgle? According to Warhammer Community… Horticulous Slimux commands the forces of Nurgle. Slimux is Nurgle’s Grand Cultivator, helping to seed and maintain the plagued gardens of his realm and beyond. On the tabletop, Horticulous has several powerful benefits that improve your Nurgle units, and he’s more than capable of holding his own in close combat. Sounds good to me. And the great thing is it’s an absolutely awesome model. Except for one small, incy wincy, tiny, problem… Check out the image below and see if you can figure it out. No, it’s not the baby Audrey II near the base of the tree (he’s sooooo cute), it’s the face of the mount, Mulch. Not surprisingly, it didn’t take long at all for people to make the link between Mulch and Gary the Snail from Spongebob Squarpants, people are funny like that. Something had to be done. Yeah, well, so, something had to be done ’cause, well, it did. Now, I’m not amazing with the green stuff. I tend to get it stuck to myself, the table and the ceiling but seem to struggle when it comes to getting it to stick to the model. But never one to be put off I thought I would get stuck in and change the face. If it goes wrong I can just get another Blightwar and more deamons so what win/win! But with that in mind, the work isn’t exactly ‘top notch’ and needs a clean up in some areas. So, what did I do exactly? Basically I decided to throw the eye stems away, along with the weird ‘feeler’ things that come out of the front of the face, plus the Nurgling hanging from the stick to encourage Mulch to move forward. I then used green stuff over the top of the head to cover the chopped areas and to add some suitable ‘nurgle’ type stuff. In addition, I also used one of the long mouths from the Nurgle Plague Drones pack as a new tongue. You can see it in more detail below. I’m not 100% sure what I’m going to do with the three bearings I used on the head. Maybe eyes, maybe some pimples/spots sort of thing that is so ‘nurgle’ at the moment. There is more to it than just the face. I also wanted to make another change to the model, or maybe that should addition. We all know Nurgle loves bells and it seemed a bit weird that Horticulus Slimux doesn’t have a bell on him. So I decided to add one. In my bits box was the bell from the Putrid Blightkings pack (see below) and decided to use that. Due to its size, I decided the best place to hang it would be from one of the branches on the tree. So, I cut the end of a branch off, glued the bell to the cut then glued the end of the branch back on. Take a note of the angle of the link that the bell is hanging from. If you mount the bell the opposite way to how I did the bell will look like it has a proper swing on it. This is fine I guess but as I went for a more natural hang. Horticulous Slimux, as I see him So there we have it, aside from some tidying up on the work I have done, that’s all the converting I plan to do with this model. Now I just need to finish the assembly and get the chap painted! Tell us what you think!